Wednesday, August 10, 2011

MPG

Worst part of the STI is the MPG. Especially during the recent heat requiring me to run the AC.

I just checked my tire pressure though and I have managed to get the MPG from 17 MPG up to over 21 on my daily commute (average speed is under 12 mph and takes 25-30 minutes).  In the MINI it went up from 22 to 25 MPG.

I guess it pays to check your tire pressure!

On a related but unrelated note, I wish more car companies would offer direct injection in their cars.  They should really focus on improving gas milage along with performance.  For me I like my cars to be good performance with at least decent MPG.  Otherwise to me it is worthless to have a car that gets garbage MPG.  Why spend 30-40k on a car that you can never drive because it costs so much in fuel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment