Wednesday, September 14, 2011

boost leak - pending

So I've had a boost leak in the MINI for almost a year now.  It occurred after I installed my intake.  I checked the hoses for leaks, checked my intake connections, and then later changed out my old BPV with a Detroit Tuned one because the OEM one was leaking.  Still short a few PSI.

I was googling the past few days and people were mentioning how their SC belt could slip without making squeeling sounds and that the best and cheapest first place to check other than for boost leaks is to check the tension on the belt and the belt.  I still have a new replacement belt for my alta pulley, so I am going to change it out this weekend.  Luckily I bought the tensioner tool a year ago so it should make the belt swap easy.

I will post follow-up once done if it solves the issue!!! (crosses fingers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment