Saturday, September 3, 2011

Rust Bolts!

I hate rusted bolts.  They make installs/repairs take FOREVER.

I got my front RCE yellows on oem STI struts on but the rear control arm bolts were stuck.  I was thinking of getting Mach V to do it, but then I figured I will be a cheap skate and do it myself.  I just need to order some bolts so when I destroy the ones on there I can still put it back together!  I will probably order the bolts and nuts in the next week or so.  Riding around on the front yellows and OEM rears is a little unbalanced feeling but still better than stock (at least IMO).

Got the SPT catback on.  It is pretty loud but not as loud as Shaun's (his has a major exhaust gasket leak).  It is a little "bellowy" but I might get used to it.


Also got the Agency Power Short shifter and knob on! shifts way nicer than OEM, but not as short as the Karyboy one.  I did not get new bushings, but it feels fine.  I've felt one with Kartboy bushings and the shifting action was almost too stiff for my tastes.


Put the stock exhaust in my closet (it ACTUALLY FITS unlike the OEM MINI one I had that was a once piece design and fits nowhere!)

No comments:

Post a Comment