Monday, June 24, 2013

A trip to the DMV today and...Uh oh!! onto my fourth bike!!

I've been contemplating selling the MINI and moving onto something else for a few months.  It was a great car, but it is time to move onto something new.  I did A LOT of research on the new for 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 and decided to go this route.  I have had 3 600cc motorcycles that were insanely fast so a 300 is a step in a weird direction.  Based on reviews, the 300 is a lot of fun to ride because you can actually get on the throttle without instant jail sentence.  It's similar to the saying that "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" mentality.

After deciding on the 300, i had to decide on color scheme.  The US only has the black, white, and a green and black color.  I preferred the black without ABS since it is the cheapest model but found an ABS model local with goodies!! I usually try to build things rather than buy them, but I couldn't pass up this low mileage with all the typical 300 upgrades done (though, I am sure I will find more to upgrade). The previous owner was very forthcoming and an enthusiast, so it the process was quick and smooth.

-Rear Seat Cowl
-Shorty levers
-SV Racing adjustable Rear Sets
-KnN Drop in filter
-Micro Tuner-Tuner
-4k HID for high and low beam
-Targa rear fender eliminator
-Brake light Led
-Two Brothers full exhaust in carbon fiber with 1x silencer
-15 Tooth Front Sprocket
-Rear Spool Set
-gear indicator-Green display
-front and rear stands

So far, I mounted the gear indicator (remounted), removed the tail decals, attached my tank bag, put in the power tip silencer in the two brothers exhaust, and put my plates on (just did the DMV thing today!). I also adjusted the throttle last night to get rid of some of the free play.





mounted the gear indicator on the tach (saw the idea from another member on here)


my tank bag that I had from my previous 600.


I am still looking at updating my gear (probably a spare helmet, another jacket, and some new gloves). I'll add more indepth review and comparison to the other bikes I've owned once I have had more experience riding this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment