Monday, June 10, 2013

Misc


So for the first time I paid for car work. My MINI's front lower control arm bushings have been failing since I bought the car 4.5 years ago, and it finally was so bad it failed inspection. I bit the billet and paid to have it done. The pricing was slightly higher than previous quotes but I accepted it for the trade off of convenience of same day turnaround.

The car feels MUCH more planted in corners and steering is heavier in a good way. Previously, the steering was vague and wushu washy in corners (ESP in bumps). It was definitely worth the cost, and I'd fully recommend it for anyone with an aging MINI. I also fixed my cigarette lighter socket (wasn't working because contacts were bent) and added a small extension that has 3 more lighter sockets and a USB socket.

In other news, I bought a small "portable" ac unit for my bedroom. The lack of attic fan coupled with vaulted ceilings keeps my bedroom toasty while lower levels freeze. 

Here are a few pics. Initial impressions are good. I figure I can carry it to the garage too.


Installation was simple and straight forward. The unit came with all the items needed. I added duct tape around joints to keep the exhaust/hot air in the hose. I'll write a better review once I've used it more.  The only con i've noticed so far is that it is a little noisy.

No comments:

Post a Comment